Push Back Pallet Racking Systems for High-Density Same-Side Loading and Picking
HTI custom-engineered push-back pallet racking systems are high-density storage systems that optimize warehouse space by taking up fewer aisles.
Like pallet flow racks, push-back pallet racking systems are gravity-flow pallet-picking systems. Pallets are loaded from the front of the rack onto a series of nesting carts fed forward by gravity, pushing the pallet behind it back one position into the picking position on rigid steel rails. When unloading the front pallet, gravity automatically pushes the pallet behind it forward to the front picking position.
Push back pallet racking systems utilize last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory management and typically load and unload from the front only in a single aisle. Each lane and each level flow independently, enabling storage of more pallets and multiple SKUs. This design offers better selectivity than drive-in pallet racks and saves more space than standard selective pallet racks without disturbing products in other lanes.
Because forklift drivers never enter the system, push-back pallet racking is faster and safer than drive-in style racks, which reduces the risk of damaging the rack.
Push-back pallet racking systems are ideal for multiple SKUs and medium turnover products with two or more pallets per SKU, and they have multiple lanes of the same product with different dates.
Discover the Benefits of HTI's Custom-Engineered Push Back Pallet Rack Solutions:
- Double or single/double forklifts can increase productivity by up to 50 percent
- Elimination of an additional upright for every pallet position increases density by up to 35 percent
- Side-by-side pallet handling stabilizes the load and improves efficiency and safety
- Loading and picking are done from the same side for last in, first, out (LIFO) inventory retrieval
- Gravity keeps pick faces full, so retrieval speed is increased and honeycombing is eliminated